What We Believe
Statement of Faith for Victory Temple, Inc.
- The Bible is the infallible Word of God revealed to man and is given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Bible cleanses our souls and holds the words of eternal life and the keys of the Kingdom of God. The Bible shows us God's principles and standards for living; and it is the food that sustains us in all circumstances. (John 1:14; 2 Timothy 3: 16-17; 1 John 2:5-6)
- There is only one true and living God who has chosen to reveal Himself as Father, Son and Holy Ghost and that He is sovereign and absolute in His authority. (Deut. 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11; Matthew 28:19; 1 Tim. 3:16; 1 John 5:7)
- God is the Father and Creator of the universe. (Gen 1:1; John 1:1)
- Jesus is the Son of God. (Col 2:9) He suffered, died, was buried, and rose from the dead for our total salvation. (Luke 3:21-22; Philippians 2:5-11) We believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. (John 3:36; John 3:31-32; John 14:6)
- The Holy Spirit is God indwelling, empowering and regenerating the believer. This Holy Spirit is called the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth. (John 14:17; 14:26)
- The blood of Jesus Christ atones for our sins and iniquity. It is through His shed blood that we are saved, healed and set free from bondage and the forces of darkness. (Romans 5:9-11; Ephesians 1:7; Revelation 12:11)
- Every believer must have a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, for apart from Him we can do nothing. Each person has a ministry from God that no one else can fill. We are to instruct, teach, exhort, and admonish believers in the ways of God. (John 15:1-5; Hebrews 13:5-6)
- We are to wash and renew our minds daily by the Word of God. We must learn His ways and exchange our way of thinking for His. We are to be conformed to the Kingdom of God by the molding and shaping of His hands. (Romans 12:1-2; Ephesians 4:23-29; Philippians 4:8)
- Justification is by faith. We believe that salvation is free and apart from any work of man. Salvation is a result of the sovereign grace of God. (Eph 2:8-9; Gal 5:5; Rom 5:1)
- The Lord is to be worshipped in spirit, song, dance and with the raising of our hands. We believe that we are to praise and worship Him with our whole being. (Psalms 150:1-6; John 4:24; Heb 13:15)
- Godly living and the pursuit of a holy life should be the goal of every believer. (Heb 12:14, Phil 3:14)
- Believers should be water baptized by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus. It is through baptism that we publicly identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We believe that baptism is the New Testament initiation or covenant rite, whereas circumcision is the Old Covenant rite. (Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-6; Colossians 2:11-14)
- All Christians need to partake of the communion elements which represent the Lord Jesus' body and blood. It is by participating in the Lord's Supper that we proclaim His death until His return. (John 6:53-58; 1 Corinthians 11:23-30)
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the sign of speaking in other tongues is for all believers. We believe that Christians should be filled daily by using our prayer language, but the evidence of the Holy Spirit's indwelling presence is a changed life. (Acts 2:4; Ephesians 5:18-21)
- All Spiritual gifts are manifested today. He ministers to His people through tongues, interpretation of tongues, prophecy, words of knowledge and wisdom, discerning of spirits, faith, working of miracles, and healing. (Mark 16:15-18; Acts 5:16; 2 Corinthians 12:1-11)
- It is God's will to heal and deliver His people today as He did in the days of the early church. It is by the stripes of Jesus that we are healed, delivered and made whole. We have authority over sickness, disease, demons, curses, and every circumstance in life. (Luke 10:19; 2 Corinthians 10:4-5; 1 Peter 2:24)
- That God is restoring the Apostolic & Prophetic gifts and ministries to the Church today. We believe that the offices of the Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher are functioning in the Body of Christ today. These are gifts and callings that God gives to those who willingly hear His voice and walk in obedience to Him. (1 Cor. 2:28; Eph. 4:11-16)
- The local church is autonomous. Every believer should attend a local church and establish himself in it to grow in the ways of God and to be edified Spiritually. Every believer should be committed spiritually, physically and financially to a local assembly. (Matt. 16:18; Heb. 10:25)
- Human Sexuality - Since we believe that God (Yahweh) is the Creator, we believe that He created mankind. We believe that He created two genders (sexes), male and female. He created them to be different so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family, the basic structure of human society (Genesis 2:21-24; Ephesians 5:22-33; Mark 10:6-9)We believe that God's intention was that the two sexes remain distinct as to identity and as to purpose (Deuteronomy 22:5; Romans 1:24-28). For this reason we believe that homosexuality and transgenderism are both perversions of God"s (Yahweh's) intent and purpose. We are bound by our beliefs to encourage people that struggle with these issues to receive scriptural help and supportive counseling to help them recover their God intended purpose! Based on faith and principle we cannot allow our facility to be used for any ceremony that attempts to thwart God's purpose. Neither do we allow, permit or expect our ministers or adherents to facilitate such a ceremony.
"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature... And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." (Mark 16:15-18)
Victory Temple Inc. holds these truths and others to be precious and dear. Our purpose, is not for endless doctrinal disputes, but to be a place of ministry and healing for those in need. We want to provide healing and encouragement to the body of Christ at large. In whom we believe should unite us.